The Muse Group:
A Ten-week Adventure to Awaken and Encourage
Your Innate Creativity
This weekly series, inspired by Jill Badonsky's marvelous book, The Nine Modern Day Muses (and a Bodyguard ): 10 Guides to Creative Inspiration for Artists, Poets, Lovers and Other Mortals Wanting to Live a Dazzling Existence, is designed to
- awaken your creative spirit
- empower you to recognize and break through whatever blocks your creative self-expression or your creative problem-solving
- help develop strategies to use your strengths most effectively
- inspire and guide you in nurturing and developing your creativity on an ongoing basis
In a playful and supportive group of kindred spirits, led by a skilled creativity coach, you'll explore ten basic principles that help overcome creative blocks and free self expression. Jill Badonsky has embodied these principles as delightful and wise Muses who, assisted by a protective Bodyguard, bear key lessons for bringing more authentic creative passion into your life.
Through group and individual exercises and discussion, we will share a journey of exploration, laughter, and discovery. Along the way, we'll interact with each Muse, and experience important lessons, such as how to:
- Pay attention to possibilities and new ideas
- Act authentically and courageously
- Release the need for perfection
- Sense when to let go of the process and take a break
- Move forward, even when feeling overwhelmed
- Develop ways to nurture yourself, and others.
All the while, a faithful Bodyguard will protect us from forces such as discouragement and the lure of mindless TV .
CAUTION: Participation in Muse Groups has been known to change people's lives!
Muse Groups typically run for ten weeks, and are available for individual enrollment and for in-house teams.
If you'd like to host a group of friends at your home or studio, contact Jeanne 919-932-7234.
We also offer a single session overview presentation that introduces the ten principles through interactive exercises.
In January, 2017, we will be repeating our "Muse of the Month" series. That is, we'll cover the voyage of the weekly Muse Group in monthly sessions, which may be experienced in sequence or individually.
The next ten-week Muse Group series starts in January, 2017:
Session 1: Monday mornings, 10 am to noon, January 23 - March 27.
Session 2: Monday evenings, 7 pm - 9 pm, January 23 - March 27.
Sessions are held in Chapel Hill; details wil be sent with registration confirmation.
The Muse Group fee is $300.00 ($270.00 if registration and payment is received by January 16, 2017). Your fee covers:
- all materials
- a copy of Jill Badonsky's book, The Nine Modern Day Muses (and a Bodyguard): 10 Guides to Creative Inspiration for Artists, Poets, Lovers, and Other Mortals Wanting to Live a Dazzling Existence (a $17.95 value)
- a personal 45-minute coaching session.
Note: Flexible payment plans are possible. Please ask!
Also, discounts are available for groups of five or more, or for hosting your own group at your home or studio.
To register or seek more info,
Call Jeanne at 919-932-7234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org